The Mindful Camp by The Open Centre
The Mindful Camp has been hosting fun, enriching and safe multi-activity camp experiences for thousands of happy campers ages 6 to 12 since 2013. Our wholistic approach to child development supports their break away from academics and screens; giving them the environment to connect with nature and new friends in a memorable week together. We believe in empowering our children to grow and thrive as confident, compassionate and responsible leaders. Using Mindfulness and Social-emotional Learning as a framework, The Mindful Camp works to provide a nurturing space to nourish each child in their heart, body and mind; in turn allowing imagination and joy to reign free for learning and growth.
Our motto: Mindful leaders, Happy campers
CAMP FACILITATOR, The Mindful Camp
Reports to: Director and your running Camp Leader
Contract: Weekly Basis; Mar-Apr / Sep-Oct / Nov-Dec Camp Season (Flexible Opportunity to choose dates)
Based: On-site at Camp Locations (camp prep and camp running)
Apply by: Mar-Apr Season: By 28 February 2022
This portion illustrates what the role entails. We are in search of a new member to our team who is an energetic and driven team player.
We are in search of a nurturing mentor to our Mindful Campers; a patient, compassionate and adaptable adult who can not only empathise with our young ones but also provide them perspective at the same time.
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of campers
- Guiding and supervising children in day-to-day tasks and camp activities, including meals, cleanup and encouraging participation
- Guiding and supervising children in a range of activities, including swimming, cycling, hiking, and other varied sports (you should be physically fit and preferably skilled in a range of activities exampled above to guide and bond during activities)
- Conducting a programme each week (e.g., teaching an activity in the arts, sports and/or a craft)
- Encouraging and supporting the campers in challenging tasks (e.g., learning a new craft)
- Setting up and ensuring recreation equipment is secure and stored properly
- Supporting the team in the preparation and cleanup of each activity, ensuring the smooth transition of campers
- Following safety and emergency procedures and guidelines.
- 18 years old and above
- O level/ Nitec/Diploma/Degree (required; related fields preferred)
- Previous experience working with children (teaching, coaching or training capacities preferred)
- Final Year University Students are welcome
- Ability to commit during Camp Seasons (preferred)
- Caring and passionate about working with children
- Enthusiastic, positive, energetic, fun-loving
- Team player with the desire to learn and lead
- High level of responsibility and accountability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful and versatile in taking on new tasks
Competitive, on a weekly basis
- 1-Week Camp Facilitators training in preparation and prior to the start of each camp season.
What you may gain from the role:
- Experience in programme instruction (conducting in a class of up to 20 children)
- Experience in child-care (well-being and safety)
- Training in Mindfulness and better social-emotional skills
Please email email@example.com with your resume, stating the position you are applying for, and how you align with the nature of the job.