MINDFULNESS IN SCHOOLS
Children and teens can get stressed out and overwhelmed by social and academic challenges. Mindfulness – the deliberate training of the mind to be focused and present, also teaches children to be compassionate to themselves and others.
This skill to focus one’s attention in the direction of one’s own intention helps to engage volition and will power. Overtime, one will also develop better self-awareness and resilience.
In partnerships with schools, we offer mindfulness programmes and day camps for students. Our programmes can be adapted to match the school’s objectives. These programmes deliver mindfulness practices in an engaging way with striking slides, video clips, games, activities and worksheets.
What are the Benefits for the Students?
.b intends to help the young people who experience it to overcome difficulties, thrive and flourish – and the research that has taken place into its effectiveness suggests it does indeed have the potential to meet these more ambitious goals.
- To experience greater well-being (e.g. feel happier, calmer, more fulfilled)
- To fulfill their potential and pursue their own goals e.g. be more creative, more relaxed, academically, personally
- To improve their concentration and focus, in classes, in exams and tests, on the sports field, when playing games, when paying attention and listening to others
- To work with difficult mental states such as depressive, ruminative and anxious thoughts and low moods
- To cope with the everyday stresses and strains of adolescent life such as exams, relationships, sleep problems, family issues
Method of Delivery
- 1— 5 days camp and/or weekly programmes over a specific period
- As after school enrichment class or to complement the formal curriculum
- Creative ways of teaching the skills using a range of activities, striking video clips, stories and role-plays
- Worksheets to reinforce skills learnt during the programme and to practice them in everyday life
- Information and practices from one session are built upon and developed in each consequent session
- Post-programme booster sessions to reinforce learning
- Parents Information Session to support learning