MINDFULNESS-BASED THERAPY for INSOMNIA
Insufficient or poor quality sleep can impair cognitive abilities and the immune system.
Mindfulness-Based Therapy for Insomnia (MBTI) is an 8-week programme which combines behavioral strategies to improve sleep with mindfulness principles and meditations.
Developed by Dr. Jason Ong at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, MBTI is based on Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction principles and teachings in sleep medicine and psychological science.
MBTI is particularly effective in treating the distress and emotional reactivity associated with chronic sleep disturbance.
This programme consists of eight weekly classes and a full day retreat.
- 8 weekly 2-hour classes
- Day of Mindfulness, a compulsory day-long Sunday intensive session between weeks 5 & 6
- Instruction in mindfulness meditation / sleep hygiene
- Brief lectures and discussions
- Individual feedback and support
- Daily home assignments
- Improve your sleep quality through stress management and healthy sleep hygiene, and changing your relationship with sleep.
- Cultivate greater self-awareness and develop adaptive ways of working with sleep disturbances.
- Learn behavioral recommendations that are designed to promote sleep regulation
What is the course structure and commitment?
- To get the most benefit from this programme, attendance at all 8 sessions and the Day of mindfulness retreat is expected – please check that you can attend on all dates before signing up.
- Participants are recommended to commit to at least 45 – 60 minutes of daily practice
- There is no make-up class for missed sessions, you may contact the teachers to arrange a phone call to be updated on content and practices.
Upcoming intake: 23rd September 2021
Thursdays | 7.00pm – 9.00pm
Sep | 23, 30
Oct | 7, 14, 21, 28
Nov | 11, 18
*Full-day retreat – 24th October
DAY OF MINDFULNESS (DOM) :
Sunday 24 October 2021 | 9.00am – 4.00pm
Venue : TBC
TEACHER : Dawn M. C Sim & Dr.Julian Lim
Dawn is a mindfulness-based psychotherapist and trainer. She completed her training at Center for Mindfulness – University of Massachusetts Medical School, is a qualified teacher of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program as well as mindfulness for leadership under Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute.
Dawn shares a personal commitment to practice what she teaches, embodies the benefits of a well-balanced mind and is dedicated to helping both individuals and organisations. Having studied and worked internationally in Osaka, Paris, New York and Hong Kong, Dawn is able to relate to a wide range of audience by combining pragmatic experiences and her passion for creating purposeful and happy lives.
Dr. Julian Lim
Dr. Julian Lim is an Assistant Professor in the Centre for Sleep and Cognition in the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (National University of Singapore). He obtained a PhD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania, and is internationally recognized for his research on sleep and mindfulness. In 2021, Dr. Lim published the results of a clinical trial conducted in Singapore demonstrating the efficacy of Mindfulness Based Therapy for Insomnia in reducing insomnia symptoms and improving sleep quality.
- In-person 8-week programme: S$1,050.00 + GST
This programme is brought to you by Alliance Counselling.
Please register here – REGISTER
A no refund policy applies. For pre-determined, medical and psychological issues that may render the participant unable to complete the course, the withdrawal will be considered on a case-by-case basis.