MINDFULNESS-BASED COGNITIVE THERAPY (MBCT) PROGRAMME
Mindfulness means learning to pay attention intentionally, in the present moment and non-judgmentally.
This MBCT programme, comprises of two hours a week for eight weeks, plus one all-day session between weeks 5 and 7.
Over the eight weeks of the programme, the practices help you:
- to become familiar with the workings of your mind
- to notice the times when you are at risk of getting caught in repeated old habits of the mind that re-activate downward exhaustion spirals
- to explore ways of releasing yourself from those old habits and, if you choose, enter a different way of being
- to put you in touch with a different way of knowing yourself and the world
- to notice small beauties and pleasures in the world around you instead of living in your head
- to be kind to yourself instead of wishing things were different all the time, or driving yourself to meet impossible goals
- to find a way so you don’t have to battle with yourself all the time
- to accept yourself as you are, rather than judging yourself all the time
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) combines the ideas of cognitive therapy with meditative practices and attitudes based on the cultivation of mindfulness.
The heart of this work lies in becoming acquainted with the modes of mind that often characterize emotional discord whilst simultaneously learning to develop a new relationship to them.
MBCT was developed by Zindel Segal, Mark Williams and John Teasdale, based on Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction programme.
Charlene Teo, a registered Specialist Adult Educator (IAL) is spurred on a continuing drive to inspire and empower others. With over 30 years in various industries that dealt primarily with people and over 10 years in the training of adults, families and children, Charlene has inspired many people to explore new dimensions to achieve their goals.
Presently, she is:
- a registered Clinical Supervisor (Singapore Association for Counselling)
- a registered Specialist Adult Educator (Adult Educator Professionalisation – Institute for Adult Learning)
- a certified trainer for Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (University of Oxford Mindfulness Centre)
- She is also a certified trainer of the Paws b and .b Mindfulness Curriculum under the Mindfulness in Schools Project (MiSP – UK).
- a trainer for Centre of Advancement in Family Education in Parent Education
- an associate Trainer and Curriculum Developer with Training Vision Institute Pte Ltd. for WSQ Service Excellence Programmes and WSQ Diploma in Service Leadership Programmes
- an associate lecturer with BathSpa University, UK, through Training Vision Institute for the Bachelor’s degree in Business Management (Honours).
- an associate Adult Educator for Berne TA Pte Ltd
In her private practice, as a psychotherapist, counsellor and coach, Charlene counsels and coaches teens, adults and families on life-skills, relationship skills, peak performance management as well as managing symptoms of ADHD.
Charlene holds a Master of Social Science in Professional Counseling (Swinburne), with elective in CBT and Certificate in Advanced Skills in Family Therapy. She is presently undertaking the Graduate Diploma in Clinical Supervision with Swinburne University, Australia (completion June 2018).
She has a passion for lifelong learning – as a learner, a teacher, a coach, a trainer, a counselor, a psychotherapist and an educator. She hones this passion by combining her skills in counseling, coaching, customer service, human behaviour management, training, and the creative arts to conduct empowerment sessions that are challenging, creative and constructive.
Upcoming Intake: 16th MAY 2018
Wednesdays | 7.30pm – 9.30pm
May 2018 | 16, 23, 30
Jun 2018| 6, 13, 20, 27
Jul 2018 | 4
VENUE : ACC EduHub (51 Cuppage Road #03-01/05 Singapore 229469)
DAY OF MINDFULNESS (DOM) :
Saturday 23rd June 2018 | 11.00am – 5.00pm
Venue: The Open Centre (100 Turf Club Road Horse City #01-02B Singapore 287992)
TEACHER : Charlene Teo
- Regular Rate: S$580
- Past MBCT graduates get special rates!
A no refund policy applies. For pre-determined, medical and psychological issues that may render the participant unable to complete the course, the withdrawal will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
MISSED CLASS POLICY
Participants who miss a class can make up by joining the same class from another cohort, subject to availability.
Participants who miss the DOM can opt to join subsequent DOMs later in the year, subject to availability.