The practice of mindfulness will allow you to:
- Have better self-awareness
- Change your behaviour as needed
- Cope effectively with small stressors
- Manage larger stressors with composure and calmness
- Better appreciate everyday moments of pleasure and joy
MBSR is for people who:
- Are stressed – from work, school, family, financial circumstances, uncertainty about the future, aging, grief and a feeling of being not in control.
- Have medical conditions – such as chronic illness and pain, high blood pressure, skin disorders, cancer, heart disease, gastrointestinal distress, and other conditions.
- Are psychologically distressed – from anxiety, panic, depression, fatigue, and sleep disturbances.
- Want improved overall well-being – by learning to take care of yourself and preventing stress you can achieve a greater sense of balance.