RESILIENCE AND MINDFULNESS CAMP (Ages 7- 12)
FUN ♥ NATURE ♥ FRIENDSHIP
2017 March/April Holiday Camp is now open for registration!
The Open Centre Resilience & Mindfulness Camps
The Open Centre Camp is about fun, connection, self-awareness, and self-expression! Here, children and adolescents get a real life learning experience to practice their skills through interactions with others and learn to problem solve.
Our camp is based on social-emotional learning and secular mindfulness practice drawn from various programmes, tailored to meet the needs of our children.
Drawing on a holistic approach, the ‘secret’ recipe of this fun camp is the pairing of mindfulness, creativity, nature, physical & experiential activities and heaps of fun!
Our camp activities are ‘mindfully’ chosen to attain learning objectives. Some of the activities – among the many – include Creative Arts, Brazilian Capoeira, Yoga, Horse Grooming/Riding, Behind the scenes Zoo Visits, Terrarium Making, Pet Therapy and Fencing.
Why join our camp?
- Held in a green and spacious environment
- Fun-filled indoors and outdoors activities
- Learn essential life skills while having a blast!
Through experiential learning and team activities, children will acquire the following skills:
- Understand and regulate one’s emotions
- Cultivate empathy – care and concern for others
- Establish solid and positive relationships
- Handle challenging situations constructively
- Improve concentration and focus
- Greater wellbeing