The Open Centre’s Mindful Nest
|2.30-3.15pm||SEL Circle Time (Check-in)|
|3.30-4.15pm||Homework / *Self-directed Learning|
|4.30-5.30pm||Creative Projects – Ask “Why” Time|
SEL Circle Time (Check-in)
Using the framework of SEL, one competency will be taught each term.
- Self-awareness (Term 1 2019)
- Self-Management (Term 2 2019)
- Social Awareness (Term 3 2019)
- Relationship Management (Term 1 2020)
- Responsible Decision Making (Term 2 2020)
Homework Time/Self-directed Learning
Homework, if any.
Objective – to encourage children to inquire, problem solve and be creative
Each child will have a folder at the beginning of the term. They will discuss and decide with their teacher and parents on what knowledge, skill he/she would like to pursue.
- Work out at least 10 outcomes (targets) to achieve by end of term
- Outline the processes, resources and systems that students need to master to be skilfully self-directed
- Create infrastructure for self-direction, self-motivation and self-assessment. E.g. Portfolios, presentation, performance etc.
Creative Projects – Ask ‘Why’ Time