Our MBSR groups meet for 2.5 hours per week, with an all-day silent retreat between weeks six and seven, and a compulsory orientation session before the 8-week course commences. Participants are provided with reading materials to accompany in-class discussions, and audio guides for at-home meditation practice.
Before embarking on your 8-week long journey, you will need to attend an Orientation Session. The session is compulsory and free of charge where you will be able to:
- Learn more about the MBSR Programme and whether it suits your needs.
- Meet our friendly instructors.
- Get a first-hand taste of MBSR methods and techniques you will learning throughout the course.
- Confirm your attendance for the course.
ALL-DAY CLASS (DAY OF MINDFULNESS)
The All-Day Class is an intense 7.5 hour session that will guide you on how to apply mindfulness across many situations of your life and how you can grow your practice of mindfulness beyond the end of the 8-week course. Do bring the following for your own comfort:
- Loose fitting clothing.
- Mats, cushions, blankets, or any other items that may help in your practice.
Once you have completed the 8-week programme, you are invited to join our weekly sitting group which is a great way to connect with other MBSR graduates and deepen your mindfulness practice. Do visit http://theopencentre.com.sg/sitting-group/ for more information on our sitting group.